Media Matters Inc. is a niche and growing publishing company that focuses primarily on the Canadian collision repair industry. We cater not only to the industry itself but also the manufacturers, suppliers, and industries connected within it. We develop, create, design, and distribute national B2B publications and website destinations serving this market. Our publications include Collision Repair magazine, Canadian Auto Recyclers magazine, Collision Quebec, Bodyworx Professional, Annual Buyers Guide and the Annual Training Directory.
Do you love to write? Love learning? Have a knack for making stories interesting and fun?! We have an opportunity for a talented writer to join our fast-paced team.
Media Matters is seeking a Journalist Intern who will create content for various media, including magazines, websites, daily digital newsletters, video content and social media. This role will work collaboratively with the entire team and will learn to think creatively and strategically about content creation, deployment, and analysis. In addition, the intern will gain exposure to all five pillars of publishing: editorial, production, circulation, sales, and administration.
During the internship we will cultivate your skills to:
- Develop, write, edit and proofread for each publication and their websites
- Generate original stories & contribute to our daily coverage of industry news
- Write industry product spotlights
- Move our stories seamlessly to all social media platforms
- Interview and write feature stories
- Learn every aspect of content development from content development, proofing the stories of others, developing headlines, creating video scripts and the pagination process
- Learn how to generate sales leads, create pitch letters and contract proposals
- Learn the different circulation models and what is involved with maintaining and auditing the circulation list
- Travel and cover industry events
- Take original photographs or videos for news use
The ideal candidate is:
- Enthusiastic and bright with the right attitude.
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently and a team player
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Polite, presentable and professional
- Desire to learn
- Microsoft Office applications
- CP knowledge (considered an asset)
- Journalism degree (considered an asset)
- InDesign, Adobe Photoshop (considered an asset)
- Knowledge of posting to social media, Joomla, Word press (considered an asset)
For more information on us, please visit collisionrepairmag.com and mediamatters.ca. Please send resumes to email@example.com.