The Audience Development Specialist will be focused on building a paid “membership” or subscriber base for Collision Repair and Bodworx magzines.
Over the decades, this part of magazines has been called “circulation” and “consumer marketing” as the role evolved from a focus on the numbers of subscriptions and single copies sold to the need to adapt more targeted sales approaches to find the appropriate readers based on interests and demographics.
In 2021, of course, we now deliver content in print and digital formats, so the metrics of success are not only volumes or revenues, but also engagement – hence the “audience development” title.
At the end of the day, magazines are generally most successful when they can bring in revenues both from the people interested in the subject matter – the readers – and the marketers who have products and services to meet the needs of those readers – the advertisers. The Audience Development Specialist will perform marketing, content creation and promotional tasks in order to develop targeted audiences for digital and print offers.
Simply stated, we aim to turn website visitors into email subscribers and then paying customers of print and/or digital content.
As an Audience Development Specialist you will be:
- Working with Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator to create engaging promotional materials for both print and digital
- Working with WordPress, Google Analytics, Google AdManager, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more to share material and monitor campaign success
- Coming up with solid marketing strategies to convert our existing client base into paid subscribers
- A team player willing to work with a variety of writers, editors and designers
- Using the phone, email and Zoom to connect with potential collaborators or subscribers
- Keep a detailed log of tasks using Asana, Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Validating, updating and maintaining subscriber and advertiser information in our enterprise system
- A self starter able to work independently, come up with ideas and see them to completion
This position is part of the OJCP Project.
For more information on us, please visit collisionrepairmag.com and mediamatters.ca. Please send resumes to email@example.com