Media Matters Inc. is a niche and growing publishing company in Peterborough Ontario that focuses primarily on the Canadian collision repair sector.. We develop, create, design, and distribute national B2B publications and website and social media platforms.
We are currently looking for a Graphic Designer Intern to assist in completing both print and web projects. Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Developing print layouts from start to finish, including creating brand aligned, dynamic covers.
- Adjusting photos for print and digital: color-correcting, resizing, retouching.
- Creating conceptual digital illustrations for feature stories using original vector images and/or photos. · Preparing PDFs for print.
- Creating an InDesign book and exporting PDFs with appropriate settings.
- Sourcing suppliers when needed.
- Development of all related collateral material
- Set all copy with accuracy and speed; Ensure all corrections are checked and completed
- Ensure the final job meets production specifications and deadlines · Adept at digital design as well as other print formats
- Brand design.
- Creating ads or digital graphics to be used on the web
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 1 year of experience in Graphic Design, ideally in publishing. This person must be responsible, reliable, innovative, creative and, above all, a team player with the ability to work independently. Furthermore, the candidate must also be able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Skill set should include:
Team player Conceptual with the ability to develop a creative strategy that is translatable to various platforms Takes direction Adaptable Flexible Solution driven Passion for growth and learning
The candidate must have access to the Adobe Creative Suite (CS6) and Microsoft Office. They must be adept with InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Some knowledge of WordPress, HTML and CSS is preferred.
NOTE: This is an unpaid internship intended for students who are just finishing up their education and need internship hours to graduate.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Due to current Covid-19 safety conditions, please DO NOT visit our office.