Media Matters Inc. is a niche and growing publishing company that focuses primarily on the Canadian collision repair industry. We cater not only to the industry itself but also the manufacturers, suppliers, and industries connected within it. We develop, create, design, and distribute national B2B publications and website destinations serving this market. Our publications include Collision Repair magazine, Canadian Auto Recyclers magazine, Collision Quebec, Bodyworx Professional, Annual Buyers Guide and the Annual Training Directory.
Do you love to write? Love learning? Have a knack for making stories interesting and fun?! We have an opportunity for a talented writer to join our fast-paced team.
Media Matters is seeking a Summer Student Journalist who will create content for various media, including magazines, websites, daily digital newsletters, video content and social media. Reporting to the Editor, this role will work collaboratively with the entire team and will learn to think creatively and strategically about content creation, deployment, and analysis.
· Develop, write, edit and proofread for each publication and their websites
· Generate original stories & contribute to our daily coverage of industry news
· Write industry product spotlights
· Move our stories seamlessly to all social media platforms
· Interview and write feature stories
· Include SEO techniques
· Create videos for news use
The ideal candidate is:
· Enthusiastic and bright with the right attitude.
· Excellent writing skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Able to work independently and a team player
· Detail-oriented and organized
· Polite, presentable and professional
· Desire to learn
· Microsoft Office applications
· CP knowledge (considered an asset)
· InDesign, Adobe Photoshop (considered an asset)
· Knowledge of SEO posting to social media, Joomla, Word press (considered an asset)
· Journalism degree preferred
For more information on us, please visit collisionrepairmag.com and mediamatters.ca.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract, Seasonal
Salary: $15.50 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Remote interview process
Social distancing guidelines in place
- Journalism: 1 year (preferred)
- SEO: 1 year (preferred)