Media Matters, a leading print and digital media company in the automotive service industry, seeks a dynamic, growth-focused Publishing Director to lead the sales, editorial, circulation and production team in Peterborough, ON.
The Publishing Director is responsible for the operation of all phases of the magazines, websites and digital offerings through effective team leadership of human resources, sales and distribution, editorial content, circulation and production. The successful candidate will mentor and lead team members, build and maintain strong industry and community relations, support strong journalism, and drive successful growth of revenue.
The Publishing Director will be responsible for the performance of all the members in various publishing teams; providing vision and leadership to the entire organization; providing inputs to management in the management of the firm; allocating resources to the division members; attracting best possible manpower for the publishing division; and motivating team members.
- Provide leadership in the further development of revenue and profits in media, digital, and other alternative revenue streams
- Lead the team in planning short and long-term strategies to achieve goals and objectives; including development and annual updates of a strategic and capital plan.
- Establish a work environment to challenge and reward all employees to contribute their best efforts to attain company goals and objectives
- Assure effective selection, training, development, and evaluation of employees
- Meet projected revenue and expense goals
- Establish and supervise the direction for the editorial efforts
- Lead team sales efforts, both in advertising and circulation
- Direct the preparation of the annual budget
- Provide for the safety and security of employees and assets
- Enthusiastic involvement in industry and community events and organizations
- Provide regular reports on items of importance and interest
- Thorough knowledge of publishing, sales and management techniques
- Five years of sales experience and five years of management experience
- University degree or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work closely with a variety of people
Media Matters offers a competitive salary as well as a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Visit collisionrepairmag.com or mediamatters.ca for more information about our national publications Collision Repair magazine, Bodyworx Professional , and Canadian Auto Recycler , as well as our web property, Canadian Towing & Recovery .
Job Type: Full-time
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Due to current Covid-19 safety conditions, please DO NOT visit our office.